Reporting to the Senior AVP for University Marketing and Communications with a dotted line to the Vice Provost for Academic Innovation and Online Initiatives, the Senior Director of Enrollment Marketing for SJSU Online directs and executes marketing plans that guide enrollment for SJSU Online, a fully remote academic program that provides opportunity for students with some college credits to earn a bachelor's degree. The Senior Director leads a marketing team consisting of a web designer/developer and copywriter/content manager and oversees marketing project management from concept creation to completion, and ensures that efforts are prioritized and managed to achieve the mission and enrollment goals for SJSU Online while ensuring University and division-wide consistency.
- Direct the work of the online enrollment marketing team to ensure positive outcomes and alignment of resources with SJSU's Online priorities. Ensure the ongoing training and professional development of direct reports.
- Lead marketing efforts to support online undergraduate program enrollment, research new approaches, and recommend strategies that keep the SJSU Online in the top consideration set with prospective students.
- Develop the implementation of an annual strategic marketing plan for SJSU Online. Ensure regular updates for leadership and partners on marketing plan progress and associated Return on investment indicators throughout the year.
- Lead the development of digital and traditional marketing campaigns across multiple platforms
- Lead market research plans that result in continuous refinement of brand positioning, messaging and creative elements that support enrollment goals.
- Lead efforts to increase search engine optimization (SEO) visibility and enhanced web user experience.
- Develop fiscal year budget and report on measurements. Ensure that expenditures are appropriate and invoices are correct and processed for payment.
- Represent the interests of SJSU Online marketing on various committees and working groups, ensuring effective inter-departmental collaboration, identification of marketing opportunities, and implementation of synergistic strategies that serve the university's overall marketing needs.
- Provide necessary resources to SJSU Online recruiters and ensure content accuracy across all materials and platforms through collaboration with Enrollment Management and Academic Affairs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of principles of website development, Web-based communications principles, content management systems, search engine optimization, usability and analytics
- Knowledge of Marketing and project management/planning principles
- Skill in effective marketing tactics and creative execution
- Working knowledge of collateral, video and digital production workflow
- Ability to perform direct response marketing tactics and techniques, including online advertising, re-targeting, direct mail and email
- Demonstrated leadership and skill in hiring, coaching and developing an environment that promotes partnership and transparency
- Ability to manage and reconcile budgets
- Ability to measure marketing effectiveness/return on investment
- Knowledge of social media channels and their use for marketing purposes
- Experience with undergraduate program enrollment
- Experience with developing, implementing and marketing online programs for higher education
- Ability to lead and motivate teams to develop compelling marketing strategies and tactics
- Ability to measure the effectiveness of marketing programs, both qualitative and quantitative, including marketing ROI
- Ability to ensure that marketing initiatives are aligned with the university brand and adhere to guidelines provided
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities on a regular basis, organize, plan, complete work assignments, and deliver multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to prepare marketing plans and reports that are clear and strategic
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field
- Five years of marketing leadership experience or any equivalent combination of experience and education approved by University Personnel
- Demonstrated expert knowledge and experience using marketing automation platforms (e.g. Marketo, Hubspot, Pardot), customer relationship management tools (e.g. Salesforce) and project management tools (e.g. Asana)
- Graduate degree in marketing or related field
- Experience in the higher education environment
- Supervisory experience
- Client and/or account management experience
Classification: Administrator III
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary.
**The application period has been EXTENDED to October 11, 2021**
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: September 15, 2021 through September 29, 2021. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).