As a member of the SJSU Information Technology team, the incumbent leads, directs, assigns, and implements activities and operations involving the Information Technology Systems function. This includes, but is not limited to, computer operations, systems programming, applications programming and network activities associated with business applications.
Primary responsibilities include IT duties assignment for the RF IT team, maintaining and assessing existing operations; strategic technology planning; systems and application development; vendor relations; and providing excellent customer service, internally and externally. Actively collaborates and coordinates with SJSU the Research Foundation’s systems and telecommunication efforts and needs.
- Responsible for daily operation of the Research Foundation’s (RF) Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system (i.e. involves continuous review and improvement of the system to meet user needs).
- Create, maintain and support the RF ERP system and all the related tasks. Understand users’ needs to recommend report formats for users, to help them complete their tasks faster and more efficiently.
- Collaboratively partner with all functional departments to understand the RF’s overall operation needs and set up enterprise system processes accordingly.
- Collaboratively partner with Pre and Post Award staff to understand the needs of Grants and Contracts operations, the RF’s major business line, and to put proper protocols in place according to needs, as appropriate.
- Program OneSolution Calculation Codes in the payroll module to accomplish tasks unique to the RF’s payroll needs.
- Accomplish IT tasks unique to the RF’s payroll and financial needs such as Fixed Assets and Funding Alert.
- Maintain the legacy IFAS system.
- Manage on-campus and off-campus user access to the enterprise system, using cloud-based technology.
- Debug program problems; work with the vendor's technical support team to resolve issues.
- Provide training to all users.
- Operate the Research Foundation’s IT Systems & Infrastructure.
- Lead Information Technology Staff.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong knowledge of website design, tools, scripting languages and HTML
- Working knowledge of application design, SaaS and cloud concepts, authentication services (LDAP, SAML and OKTA), tools, database concepts
- Strong knowledge of OU Campus, Campus Blogs, Event Calendar, Industry Weapon and Digital Signs
- Working knowledge of assigned applications, including Confluence, Ad Astra, CSULearn, MS Project Online and others to be assigned
- Ability to apply consultative skills to assess user needs and provide appropriate support
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills in working with users to interpret needs and provide appropriate solutions
- Skilled in iSupport use, processes and fields
- Strong knowledge of configuration, account management and administration of all assigned applications
- Strong knowledge of ITS processes including ITIL Support Operations including Incident Management, Change Management, and Problem Management
- Working knowledge of Accessibility requirements and solutions, including Section 508
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and Search including Search Engine Optimization
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to think critically and analytically, analyze technical problems utilizing problem solving techniques, interpret and evaluate results, and develop recommendations and solutions understanding impact and implication of alternative solutions
- Strong documentation writing, organizing information within Confluence
- Ability to compose and format effective web pages, correspondence and reports
- Ability to translate requirements, ideas and suggestions into full web page designs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, educational technology, communications, or related fields, or similar certified coursework in applicable fields of study
- Five years of experience supporting information systems and technology
- A master’s degree
- Minimum of ten years of progressively responsible experience in Information Systems
- Experience in a university-connected auxiliary organization setting
Classification: Information Technology Consultant - Expert
CSU Salary Range: $6,686/month - $12,947/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: November 17, 2022 through November 30, 2022. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (including all booster doses of an approved vaccine for which an individual is eligible per current CDC recommendations) or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. As a condition of employment, any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as well as with other safety measures established on the campus. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Incumbent is also required to promptly report any knowledge of a possible Title IX related incident to the Title IX Office or report any discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation to the Office of Equal Opportunity.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Security-Report.pdf. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San José State University locations for the three most recent calendar years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at 408-924-1501 or by email at email@example.com.
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf. The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus. A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at 408-795-5600 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).