Reporting to the Director of Finance Support and Innovation, the Manager of Distribution and Asset Services provides leadership, planning, decision- making, and supervision duties in the operations of asset management, mail services, and shipping and receiving services in Distribution Services. The incumbent manages staff, responsible for staff development and training, and oversees the day-to-day operations of the unit. Finance and Business Services serves the university’s educational mission by being an expert resource and service center for the university business and finance. Our goal is to provide high quality customer service while providing prudent financial guidance to assist the campus in all fiscal matters. Within Financial Services, Distribution and Asset Services provides for timely, accurate, and efficient asset tracking, mail services, and shipping and receiving services consistent with the overall guidelines and regulations for the unit. Accordingly, the incumbent must conduct him/herself in a focused, highly productive, professional, positive, respectful, service oriented manner while serving in this position. The Manager Distribution and Asset Services serves as a central point of contact for inquiries inside and outside the university, dealing with time sensitive and detailed information.
- Act as a champion within Finance and Business Services on Distribution and Asset unit goals and objectives supporting the Finance Team and the mission of the university and its auxiliaries
- Identify current and future challenges and propose effective solutions including implementing and supporting new initiatives
- Facilitate an environment that motivates, empowers, and inspires commitment from employees
- Work to resolve and mitigate issues, understand and appropriately identify concerns
- Oversee the flow of information into the CFS Asset Management module regarding capital and non-capital assets working directly with Accounting Services to ensure all assets are accounted for
- Oversee the ongoing management of the asset database, including retirements, transfers, and proper disposal of assets, and using the Public Auction website as a viable solution when applicable
- Oversee the process of conducting and reconciling physical inventory of assets assigned to university colleges, departments, and auxiliaries on a three year cycle
- Develop and maintain systems, implement procedures, streamline operations, and participate in financial and process audits. Collaborate with the Director, Finance Support and Innovation to meet established goals and objectives
- Oversee the delivery services, shipping and receiving, mail processing, and parcel handling for the university and auxiliaries
- Provide leadership and effective management of the Distribution & Asset Services day to day operations for the university and its auxiliaries including customer service, day-to-day problem solving; conformance with university and auxiliaries policies and procedures
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Comprehensive and broad understanding of Parcel/Post/Shipping/Receiving methods and systems
- Commitment to customer service
- Broad understanding of business processes and basic business unit budget management
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities, organize and plan work and projects
- Skilled in leadership, professional staff supervision, and problem solving
- Ability to perform responsibilities with integrity, professionalism, and courtesy
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university in Business Administration or in a related field and/or equivalent experience
- Four years of full time progressively responsible experience in Distribution and Asset
- Two years leading/supervising Distribution and Asset operations
- Experience in CSU systems
- Experience in higher education
- Experience package tracking systems
- Experience with inventory methods
Classification: Administrator II
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: August 29, 2022 through September 15, 2022. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (including all booster doses of an approved vaccine for which an individual is eligible per current CDC recommendations) or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. As a condition of employment, any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as well as with other safety measures established on the campus. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to email@example.com.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Security-Report.pdf. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San José State University locations for the three most recent calendar years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at 408-924-1501 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf. The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus. A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at 408-795-5600 or by email at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).