The Marketing Community Relations Coordinator provides audience development, assists with marketing and revenue generation, and department oversight. A key component is the development of a strategic marketing plan to expand the arts reach and audience growth into the University and Silicon Valley. The position assists in the development, implementation and evaluation of marketing strategies to meet or exceed the Hammer Theatre audience development growth requirements, revenue and attendance goals, and plays a role in planning and executing. Revenue generating marketing plans, including, those for season and single ticket campaigns and ancillary sales. Public and media relations and coordination with Front of House Operations.
- Assist with marketing plans to meet business goals for Hammer and adhere to strategic plans
- Analyze results, present results and suggest modifications to plans as necessary
- Create and maintain a strong online presence for the Hammer
- Coordinate with Patron Services and Client Services to arrange digital displays onsite
- Patron concierge & accessibility services at events
- Partnering with local business and outside vendors
- Reaching out to SJSU community
- Develop programs for School shows, educators in local community
- Recruit, train, manage volunteers
- Process onboarding paperwork
- Identify appreciation and outreach projects
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Marketing understanding, with knowledge of Public Relations, Graphic Design, Social Media, Website Management
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, organizational, and creative problem-solving skills
- Professional, service-oriented demeanor
- Demonstrated exceptional written and verbal communications skills; experience writing copy for communications, print and online
- Demonstrated successful development and implementation of direct marketing campaigns
- Database management experience
- Experience managing volunteers
- Knowledge of educational systems, K-12 programs
- Special Event management and crowd management skills
- Working knowledge of graphic design, Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient with Google cloud suite, Google Ads and Analytics; Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Completion of a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents
- Three years of related office work experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Film and Theatre or Business
- Three years or more of multi-channel marketing experience, preferably in performing arts
- Demonstrated excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Working experience leading digital marketing strategies, tactics, and best practices
- Working experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM), database management systems, and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Volunteer Management experience
- Working knowledge of local schools and K-12 opportunities for arts education
Classification: Administrative Support Coordinator II
Anticipated Hiring Range: $3,900/month - $4,400/month
CSU Hiring Range: $3,440/month - $5,639/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: June 14, 2022 through June 28, 2022. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (including all booster doses of an approved vaccine for which an individual is eligible per current CDC recommendations) or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. As a condition of employment, any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as well as with other safety measures established on the campus. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Security-Report.pdf. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San José State University locations for the three most recent calendar years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at 408-924-1501 or by email at email@example.com.
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf. The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus. A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at 408-795-5600 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).