Reporting to the Assistant Bursar, the E-Commerce Specialist and Operation Specialist performs the following duties: serves as Lead Administrator for the Transact Payment Platform - Cashiering System, eMarkets, SmartPay and reporting and for the International Payment sites in the Bursar’s Office. The E-Commerce Specialist trains university departments on Transact Payment System. Leads the day-to-day operation on campus and train, assist, and backup Accounting Technicians in receipting and depositing monies to the appropriate payment platforms: Transact, PeopleSoft, Tolly, etc. Train campus departments on cash handling procedures and help ensure complaint of CSU cash handling policy. Banking and Reconciliation - responsible for daily reports from Wells Fargo Bank/CEO from file management to disbursing of workload to daily balance to monthly reconciliation with accounting. Supervise and train student assistants on payment platforms and assist with customer services by phone, chat, email and QLess.
- Point of contact for Loomis pickups and cash handling training & processing for university departments
- Review and reconcile miscellaneous holding account transactions to resolve unidentifiable checks
- Acts as the intermediary with Accounting Services and banks to resolve discrepancies
- Communicate with students, parents, employees, departments and external agencies related to student account activity
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of Payment Platforms -Transact and PeopleSoft Systems
- Responsible for managing the development and maintenance of eMarkets
- Proficient using related software applications – Google docs, word processing, excel spreadsheets
- Working knowledge of accounting structure and expense accounts.
- Ability to monitor computerized accounting records and to research and correct computer data errors
- Proficient in SJSU applications: (e.g. Financial Transaction Services (FTS), Common Finance System (CFS), SJSU@Work, MySJSU, eFaculty or current software applications)
- Proficient in PC compatible software programs such Zoom, MS Office, OnBase and DocuSign
- A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training
- Two years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two plus years of professional experience in payment platforms, banking, Transact, PeopleSoft, eMarkets
- Two or more years of supervisory experience
- Experience in SJSU applications (FTS, CFS, SJSU@Work, MySJSU etc)
- Experience using PC-compatible software program such as TransAct, Touchnet, Banner, OnBase and working with web design templates
- Payment platform experience, banking and cashiering experience and eMarkets including reporting to reconcile monthly accounting
- Customer service experience
- Excellent written communication skills
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist – Exempt I
Anticipated Hiring Range: $4,378/month - $4,686/month
CSU Hiring Range: $3,897/month - $7,051/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: May 6, 2022 through May 24, 2022. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Security-Report.pdf. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San José State University locations for the three most recent calendar years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at 408-924-1501 or by email at email@example.com.
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf. The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus. A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at 408-795-5600 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).