The Associate CIO and Sr. Director for Enterprise Solutions reports to the VP/CIO, Information Technology and leads teams of technical professionals, programmers, database administrators, end user enterprise application administrators, and software tool administrators responsible for supporting the campus's technical services.
This position serves as a member of the IT Leadership Team and works in collaboration with other SJSU Divisions to support the University's strategic plan. The position provides vision and leadership to the Enterprise Solutions unit, monitoring the division and campus strategic plans to determine when the Enterprise Solutions strategic plans need to be refreshed.
- Provide vision, leadership, and administration to the IT Enterprise Solutions unit.
- Monitor the IT and campus strategic plans to determine when the IT strategic plans need to be refreshed.
- Conduct annual assessment of services, evaluate and implement needed changes.
- Identify, assign, and prioritize work assignments for staff.
- Ensure all employees have clear position descriptions, annual goals and objectives, and development plans. Review goals and development plans with employee on a quarterly basis.
- Develop and maintain annual workforce plan defining capacity of roles and necessary skill development to provide defined services within SLA and improve customer satisfaction.
- Recruit, interview, select, and train required staff to meet ongoing workforce plan and staffing funding.
- Analyze the functional needs of IT Enterprise Solutions and the administrative and academic units to aid in planning and developing systems, implementing enhancements to existing systems and prioritizing end user requests.
- Facilitate the planning, design and implementation of the architecture of Enterprise Solutions and other university services in coordination with peers in IT.
- Provide consultative and strategic leadership for Enterprise Solutions.
- Manage scope, schedule, internal and external resources, budget, reporting, coordination and execution to completion for major IT Projects.
- Build partnership and communication with relevant units on campus and help set the direction for new technologies and the improved use of existing technologies.
- Support leadership development and growth of organization.
- Improve organizational level of maturity in relation to people, process and measurement.
- Work in collaboration with other IT executive leaders on the division’s strategic planning initiatives, projects and related assignments.
- Coordinate the annual assessment of IT division services.
- Manage the department budget and plan proactively for infrastructure capacity and technology changes.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong combination of demonstrated skills in strategic planning, analytical and holistic problem-solving, project management, effective communication and coordination of internal and external resources
- Ability to manage organizational budgets and track ongoing expenses with budget
- Ability to understand complex challenges and lead teams of technologists to deploy appropriate technological solutions that meet campus vision and mission
- Broad base of technical knowledge in IT systems and emerging technology trends and issues
- Knowledge of and experience with computing networks, systems, telecommunications, data center operations, systems design and implementation, identity management, and information security
- Skill in IT strategic planning, budgeting and personnel management
- Skills in promoting and maintaining a service-oriented culture that also supports a learning organization where knowledge, competence and performance are encouraged and positively impact business results
- The ability to leverage technology to achieve the most effective and efficient solutions to support teaching, student learning and business processes
- Possess a balance of highly developed management skills as well as specialized technical expertise
- Ability to analyze complex situations such as personnel or operational issues and to develop and implement corrective actions and strategies for department-wide success
- High ethical standards and business acumen
- Second level management and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related fields, or equivalent work experience
- Ten (10) years of IT management experience
- Five (5) years of senior IT management experience overseeing enterprise applications Input preferred qualifications
Classification: Administrator III
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: January 14, 2022 through January 28, 2022. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).