Reporting to the Associate Dean, the Graduate Programs Outreach Coordinator for the Lucas Graduate School of Business (LGSB) is responsible for the development and implementation of student outreach, recruitment and oversight of the Lucas Graduate School admissions for all programs. The Coordinator is also responsible for all administrative tasks related to the enrollment and graduation of the MS Transportation Management (MSTM) program, as well as admission, enrollment and graduation for the advanced certificates in Transportation Management; Scheduling process for all MTM courses, hiring of faculty, and reconciling course assignments with Special Session salary compensation; Student outreach and marketing initiatives through the website, social media, at the University, and throughout the community for all LGSB graduate programs; Assuring high customer service standards, employing appropriate technologies as provided, including a Customer Relation Management (CRM) system, for managing communications throughout the application and admissions process; Analyzing available data and reports for continuous improvement of marketing and outreach efforts to maximize effectiveness; Representing the Lucas Graduate School of Business at graduate/professional fairs throughout the Bay Area, and coordinating with partner programs on behalf of the Lucas School; and collaborating with the Director of Executive and Professional Education to plan and deliver programs for international and executive partners. Additionally, the Coordinator manages the office workflow involving four full-time employees and several student assistants.
- LGSB Programs Admissions & Prospect/Applicant Advising
- Graduate Programs Recruitment/Outreach
- MSTM Program Administration
- MSTM Schedule, Faculty Appointments and Compensation
- Executive Education Programs Coordination
- Office Management
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated expertise in and advanced knowledge of the principles, problems, and methods of public and business administration and operational and fiscal management
- Ability to effectively present ideas and concepts in written or presentation format and use consultative and facilitation skills to gain consensus
- Ability to compose and appropriately format correspondence and reports
- Expertise in investigating, analyzing, and understand problems from a broad, interactive perspective and discern applicable underlying principles to conceive of and develop strategic solutions
- Working knowledge of software applications: word processing, spreadsheet, database management
- Ability to evaluate outreach and marketing strategies through various channels
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities, organize and plan work and projects
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communications with employees and external agencies
- Ability to work with representatives from public and private entities and handle potentially sensitive situations
- A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training
- Four years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Minimum of 2 years of Enrollment experience within Higher Education, preferably within a College of Business
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with marketing and social media campaigns
- Experience with Customer Relation Management systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of CSU rules and regulations regarding recruitment and admissions
- Demonstrated knowledge of international rules and regulations regarding admissions
- Demonstrated knowledge of advising and recruiting techniques
- Demonstrated skills in project management
- Demonstrated leadership skills
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist – Exempt II
Salary Range: $4,693/month - $8,489/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: December 27, 2021 through January 14, 2022. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to email@example.com.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).