*This is a part-time (0.75 FTE) benefited position with work hours that may include weekends and evenings.*
Working under the direction of the Director of Patron Services, this position works an alternate schedule as the Hammer Theatre Box Office coordinator, processing ticket sales and answering ticketing questions at the box office window and on the telephone. Additionally, position will explore, plan and implement opportunities for SJSU student involvement as volunteers, student assistants, interns and audiences.
- Process ticket sales; answer box office ticketing questions at the box office window and telephone
- Coordinate SJSU student body relations; explore, plan and implement opportunities for SJSU student involvement as volunteers, student assistants, interns and audiences
- Front of House coordination; assist with House Manager duties, coordinate ushering staff for events
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of box office ticketing systems including on-line systems
- Ability to sell tickets from an online, cloud based ticketing system either in person or over the telephone
- Ability to interface with clients, patrons and colleagues in a professional, collegial manner
- Ability to research University classes, programs and departments towards identifying opportunities for student engagement
- Knowledge of theatre front of house operations
- General working knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies, and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of office methods, procedures, and practices
- Fluency in using standard office software packages
- Ability to apply independent judgment, discretion, and initiative to address problems and develop practical, thorough and, at times, creative solutions
- Ability to perform standard arithmetic functions of a transactional nature, including tracking and comparing data.
- Ability to work an alternate schedule that includes evenings, holidays, and weekends
- Completion of a high school program or its equivalent
- One year of experience in an office environment
- 1-3 years’ experience working in a presenting or university theatre environment
- Experience with Ovationtix ticketing system
Classification: Administrative Support Assistant II
Anticipated Hiring Range: $3,000/month - $3,400/month (Full Time), $2,250/month - $2,550/month (Part-Time: 0.75 FTE)
Salary Range: $2,912/month - $4,592/month (Full-Time)
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: October 5, 2021 through October 19, 2021. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).