Admissions Services Coordinator (3 Positions)
Job no: 504574
Work type: Staff
Location: San José
Categories: Unit 7 - CSUEU - Clerical and Administrative Support Services, Probationary, Full Time, Student Services
Reporting to the Director of Undergraduate Admissions and Outreach, and receiving work lead direction from the Admissions Services Lead, the Admissions Services Coordinator performs a full range of moderately complex office and administrative support functions. Working independently, under direct supervision, the Coordinator is primarily responsible for maintaining a variety of inter-related workflow processes to ensure the time receipt, scanning, referral and processing of transcripts and all other documents related to the admission process for all undergraduate applicants both domestic and international. The Coordinator will also provide clerical administration and customer service support for the office.
- Processes international and domestic documents using Student Administration databases and imaging/workflow products
- Reviews reports for document intake and codes files in Student Administration database accurately, makes corrections as needed
- Ensures that documents are properly routed to correct processing queues
- Applies knowledge of current document processing for determination of residency (for tuition purposes) and international forms and transcripts
- Tracks admission status, reconciles and verifies transcripts/documents received for completing applications
- Reviews and determines completeness and validity for all required documents for admission, including residency status and data elements; enters results in CMS
- Receives, processes and deposits application fee payments
- Receives and processes documents for application fee waivers; makes determination re: waiver request
- Reviews/updates data regarding educational history and records components in CMS
- Provides service in office setting, at the front counter, over the phone or via email
- Resolves problems or issues related to application, documents or transcripts
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of software applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, and database management
- Ability to verify and interpret academic transcripts from high schools and institutions of higher education
- Ability to analyze and review a wide variety of documents and forms for accuracy and completeness and to process them in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability to perform accurately in a detail-oriented environment
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities, organize and plan work and projects
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills
- Completion of a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents
- Two years of related office work experience or a combination of education and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position
- Some college coursework completed
- Two years of work experience in a business office, clerical administration or administrative assistant. (May substitute two years of SJSU Work/Study experience requiring same skill set)
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience providing excellent customer service in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Experience in communicating admissions and/or student services policies and procedures to community college, university or high school constituents
- Experience performing data entry functions
- Experience with databases (i.e., People Soft, SIS, Banner, File Maker Pro, Excel spreadsheet) or comparable databases
Classification: Administrative Support Coordinator I
Anticipated Hiring Range: $3,064/month - $3,172/month
Salary Range: $3,064/month - $5,148/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: September 11, 2021 through September 30, 2021. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend