Reporting to the Director of Network Services, the Senior Network Analyst leads the planning, design, implementation and maintenance of the Unified Communications (UC) services infrastructure.
- Provide implementation, configuration, administration, maintenance, and deployment of communications systems and services including external telecommunications services.
- Support the configuration, administration, maintenance, and deployment of communications systems and services including external telecommunications services.
- Prepare and document systems administration, maintenance and test procedures.
- Troubleshoot and resolve communications systems and equipment problems.
- Design and administer communication system monitoring and measurement processes.
- Manage equipment and systems procurement and inventory control processes.
- Provide technical analysis services to plan, design, evaluate, implement and secure communication systems and services.
- Develop systems and network architecture and configurations of communication systems and services to meet user requirements.
- Research and evaluate available products and systems; recommend alternatives to meet identified needs.
- Develop systems and services standards and protocols.
- Plan and execute systems upgrades and conversions.
- Provide cross platform and inter-departmental support and coordination for safety related systems and services related to emergency notification and 911 location identification.
- Support, configure and administer Emergency Broadcast/Silent Alert system.
- Configure emergency relate endpoint devices.
- Administer and update the various databases that impact Emergency Broadcast/Silent Alert.
- Support, configure and administer Cisco Emergency Responder.
- Create and upload regular updates to the AT&T Intrado 911 database documenting the adds, moves and deletes within the phone system.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of cisco communication systems technologies and ancillary systems including VoIP, voice mail, video, call center, 911 administration and telepresence.
- Expert ability to plan, design and integrate multiple systems and services.
- Ability to interpret and apply broad regulatory standards and technical specifications to assignments.
- Knowledge of network architecture, configuration, protocols, and interconnectivity requirements for internal/external information transmission.
- High-level of proficiency in administering standard software packages and vendor-specific applications.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the administration of Singlewire InformaCast and desktop notifier software.
- Proficiency in the configuration and deployment of 911 notification services with Cisco CUCM such as Silent Alert on VoIP phones and VoIP panic buttons.
- Knowledge both high level and product focused of the interdependent systems that provide safety related services to the campus (e.g., CER, CUCM, InformaCast, AT&T Intrado Portal and the SJSU online directory).
- Knowledge of 911 file formats, conventions and updating procedures.
- Demonstrate a detail oriented approach to data analysis and coordination required to maintain the highest level of accuracy possible.
- Ability to maintain a positive and reciprocal relationship with SJSU UPD and providing that organization a high level of customer service and customer support.
- Basic knowledge of project management methodologies and tools including Microsoft Project.
- Possess effective delegation, organization, teamwork and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, industrial technology, telecommunications or a related technical field, or equivalent training and experience
- Five years of hands-on experience managing converged enterprise networks
- 3 - 5 years’ experience with Cisco communication systems
- Experience developing and configuring network architecture
Classification: Network Analyst - Expert
Salary Range: $6,249/month - $12,100/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: September 13, 2021 through September 27, 2021. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to email@example.com.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).