The Recruitment and Events Associate plans, organizes, and evaluates all aspects of recruitment events, meetings, receptions, and conferences for the School of Information -both onsite and online. Onsite attendance (US, Canada & International) is required for many of the events. There are also virtual conferences with virtual recruitment booths, so the Recruitment and Events Associate needs to be very comfortable with online technologies. The position provides recommendations to the Director on long-range plans for appropriate onsite and online virtual recruitment events and conferences that the School should attend across the US, Canada, and in other countries; helps to develop relationships and communications with relevant. This position will be reporting to the Director of School of Information and receiving work lead direction from the Associate Director of the School of Information within the College of Professional and Global Education.
The School of Information (SOI) offers three master’s degree programs (MLIS, MARA, Informatics), a newly launched undergraduate degree in Information Science and Data Analytics, a post-master’s certificate program in library and information science, and an advanced certificate in the strategic management of digital assets and services. The master’s programs serve over 2,300 graduate students drawn from California, other US States, Canada and several other countries. All degrees and certificates are delivered 100% online. All communication with students and faculty is conducted 100% online.
- Work with the Director to plan, implement, coordinate, and analyze all online and onsite recruitment events, conferences and receptions locally, nationally, internationally and online
- Recommend new online and onsite conference venues for potential recruitment
- Attend various onsite professional conferences locally, nationally, internationally; establish an iSchool booth; and recruit prospective iSchool students
- Represent the School at various online virtual conferences, establish an iSchool virtual booth, and recruit prospective iSchool students
- Work with faculty attending conferences to involve them in the recruitment effort
- Develop new and maintain current relationships and communications with relevant professional associations and vendors across the nation and internationally
- Provide reports, analyses, and success indicators for conferences and recruitment events to the Director
- Recommend (to the Director) viability of and changes to the School’s long-range plan for recruitment events and conferences in order to improve quality and service
- Review and develop administrative systems and procedures to ensure that all events and recruitment meetings whether onsite or online run smoothly
- Develop and present to the Director an annual budget for recruitment events, meetings, and conferences
- Evaluate, report problem areas, and recommend changes in the budget to the Director as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge and ability to plan, implement, coordinate, research and evaluate a wide range of onsite and online events
- Skills and ability to handle the on/offsite logistics of recruitment events for the iSchool program, locally, nationally and internationally
- Skills and ability to work with and adapt to virtual online recruitment platforms and booths
- Skills and ability to post to Facebook and maintain Twitter feeds
- Knowledge about contracts for submission to the Procurement department
- Knowledge of and ability to develop, implement, and adjust project management plans
- Skills and ability to develop and maintain various schedules, calendars and databases
- Skills and ability to compile reports, analyze data and evaluate effectiveness and outcomes
- Skills and ability to add content to the iSchool’s Drupal website, to google drive, and to Canvas (which acts as a report repository)
- Working knowledge of software applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and database management programs
- Skills and ability to work in a totally virtual environment using email and online platforms
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and skill in public relations when dealing with a wide and diverse spectrum of people
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, business writing, punctuation and spelling
- A bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent training
- Two years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Working experience and ability to plan, implement, coordinate, research and evaluate a wide range of onsite and online events
- Working experience developing, implementing, and adjusting project management plans.
- Working experience editing website, google drive, and Canvas content
- Experience working with various media platforms such Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Two years of event planning that includes managing budgets
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist – Exempt I
Anticipated Hiring Range: $4,700/month - $5,417/month
Salary Range: $3,897/month - $7,051/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: August 26, 2021 through September 9, 2021. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).