Records Specialist (Part-Time)
Job no: 501714
Work type: Staff
Location: San José
Categories: Unit 7 - CSUEU - Clerical and Administrative Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Part Time
*This is a part-time benefited position (0.50 FTE).*
Under general supervision and reporting to the Department Chair of Teacher Education, the Records Specialist provides moderately complex administrative and student support and works independently to support the credential, masters, and minor programs.
- Input and maintain admissions process for new applications for credential and master’s programs
- Coordinate the admission director interviews and orientations for credential and master’s pathways
- Follow up with program coordinators to determine selected candidates for admission
- At the direction of the Chair of the Department, admit students in PeopleSoft
- Maintain, refine and Input data for department’s student database
- Extract data to present reports on student outcomes and their progress towards a credential/degree
- Complete requirement reports for accreditation, campus and CSU requirements
- Extract data and present reports for faculty workload in relation to department budget
- Analyze enrollment data to support department’s decision-making needs to project future enrollment trends
- Notify candidates of acceptance, track admissions, and follow-through with student’s application status via Graduate Studies
- Track program completers each semester - inform students of process for completing program and applying for credential with credentialing office
- Inform students of changes/updates to department policies, admissions process, and requirements via email
- Inform students of financial aid/scholarship and teaching opportunities
- Create and maintain departmental forms, brochures, informational materials, and flyers
- Communicate with Graduate Studies regarding student admissions through graduation
- Communicate with school districts regarding meetings, program events, placements and stipend payments
- Acts as front-line receptionist, answers phones, greets faculty, staff, students, and visitors
- Assist in coordinating department events and receptions; i.e., graduation, MA Colloquium, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies, and procedures
- Knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Ability to use standard office equipment
- Ability to use standard word processing and related computer software packages such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
- Ability to identify and solve standard problems and refer more complex problems to appropriate staff
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Fundamental writing and presentation skills to effectively communicate standard information
- Ability to organize data for reporting requirements
- Ability to learn and interpret data, policies and procedures and apply that knowledge to departmental decision making
- Ability to work with a set of diverse students and faculty
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, and independently organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work in an environment with constant interruptions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communications with employees, students, faculty applicants and the public
- Completion of a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents
- Two years of related office work experience or a combination of education and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position
- Demonstrated experience in an office environment with multiple interruptions and high volume of work
- Customer services experience with students, staff, faculty, and administrators
- Demonstrated strong student database experience
- Demonstrated strong computer skills
- Experience with independently preparing and submitting reports
Classification: Administrative Support Coordinator I
Salary Range: $3,064/month - $5,148/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: July 2, 2021 through July 16, 2021. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend