The Coordinator of Equipment Services reports to the Associate Athletics Director, Human Resources, receives work lead direction from the Football Equipment Coordinator, and works under general supervision. The incumbent provides coverage to assigned sports, which may include Olympic Sports and/or Football and facilitates the day-to-day operations of an equipment room; Collaborates with coaches and staff to proactively and effectively address the equipment needs of assigned intercollegiate athletic programs including purchasing, receiving, issuing, returns, maintenance, and repairs of athletic equipment; Maintains close communication with sport liaisons to facilitate sport expectations while providing excellent customer service; Adheres to budget controls, department guidelines, and NCAA regulations; and Ensures equipment and gear issuance, inventory, laundry, storage and maintenances.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and application to daily work
- Proficiency in office productivity and file sharing/collaborative software, e.g., MS Office, Google Apps
- Working knowledge of budgeting and accounting
- Knowledge of day-to-day operations of an equipment room and laundry machine usages, laundry care, inventory and issuance practices, gear maintenance
- Possession of a valid US driver’s license and ability to complete the SJSU Defensive Driver Training
- Ability to become AEMA certified
- Ability to analyze data and make accurate projections or conclusions using business mathematics and basic statistical techniques
- Demonstrates ability to provide high level customer service to students, faculty and staff
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the work group
- Ability to also perform independently and with accuracy in a detail-oriented environment
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities, organize and plan work and projects, including handling multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communications with employees and external agencies
- Ability to work nights and weekends and holidays as needed
- A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training.
- Two years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs
- AEMA certified
- Four years’ NCAA Division I experience or equivalent
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist Exempt I
Salary Range: $3,897/month - $7,051/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: June 23, 2021 through July 7, 2021. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).