The Associate Director has responsibility for a broad array of marketing and communications services including: development and implementation of integrated marketing and communications strategies, market research and analysis, branding and identity, establishing “live” and digital presence, content development plans, public relations campaigns, and customer relationship management. The Associate Director adapts to institutional and market changes, and responds quickly to new and evolving markets in order to drive growth across the College’s programs. The position leads a team of marketing professionals in service of CPGE’s mission and goals.
- Marketing and Communication Implementation
- Strategic Planning and Marketing Analysis
- Leadership and Coordination
- Budgeting and Financial Analysis
- College and University Initiatives
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to manage diverse marketing, communication, and promotional functions.
- Entrepreneurial minded with a strong sense for growing businesses.
- Ability to analyze data, interpret, and utilize results.
- Ability to make decisions and develop strategy based on data, analytics, best practices, and resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop productive working relationships with diverse individuals and groups.
- Sound project management skills and ability to plan and organize multiple projects with established budgets, deliverables, and timelines.
- Expertise with a wide range of communications practices and tactics including writing, editing, integrated digital communications, social media, and public relations.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills; demonstrated proficiency in communicating effectively, clearly, and concisely.
- A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training.
- Six years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
- Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field
- At least four years progressive experience marketing and communication in higher or extended education
- Ability to manage diverse marketing, communication, and promotional functions
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of the nature, dynamics, and issues of extended education.
- Experience creating, managing and allocating budgets across multiple programs and projects
- At least five years’ experience utilizing database systems to cultivate leads and nurture prospects
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist, Exempt III
Anticipated Hiring Range: $6,250/month - $7,083/month
Hiring Range: $5,908/month - $11,841/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: July 27, 2020 through August 10, 2020. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).